Coir pallets are an organic living revetment that provide erosion control and rapid vegetation establishment. There are a range of specific species mixes for use in all types of water bodies.
Coir pallets are composed from coir fibre which is a sustainable waste product from the husk of the coconut shell. Our pallets are planted at a high density and grow on at the nursery to ensure that the vegetation is a dense and hardy cover.
Mature coir pallets are often used on Water-vole habitat creation projects where mature vegetation needs to be established rapidly. Coir pallets are available un-planted or pre-established with mature native wetland plants. Standard plant mixes are available from stock all year round or specialist mixes can be contract grown to order.
Coir pallets can be an excellent technique for establishing native marginal vegetation around lake edges, streams and rivers banks.
Our standard mix is:
- Carex acutiformis (Lesser Pond Sedge)
- Juncus effusus (Soft Rush)
- Lythrum salicaria (Purple Loosestrife)
- Iris pseudacorus (Yellow Flag Iris)
- Caltha palustris (Marsh Marigold)
- Myosotis scorpioides (Water Forget Me Not)
- Ranunculus flammula (Lesser Spearwort)
- Alisma plantago-aquatica (Water Plantain)
- Mentha aquatica (Water mint)
For more information, please contact the Technical Sales Team on 01684 212 020